Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy 6th birthday Collin!!

A month late....

But only on my blog. We celebrated it in real life on time!

Aunt Heidi has been waiting 'patiently' for the pics of the invites since she designed them from Chicago and all I did was put them together. So here they are! Thanks Aunt Heidi! Even from across the country you still are awesome at throwing parties!


As you can see we had dinner and a movie. But they had to have somewhere to sit so we made cars. That way it was a "Drive up movie". The boys loved it and had tons of fun decorating their cars and sitting in them for the whole movie. And we didn't even have anything get spilled! Wow! They all got a Capri Sun and popcorn to start then we moved on to pizza. It was great for me too as there was almost no supervision needed or much involvement from me! Lesson? Movies are good choices for 6 year old birthday parties!


Aunt Kimi made the cake. She does such an amazing job! Even the 6 year olds were impressed with the cake! The decorations are fondant which some of them thought tasted funny, but since there was a layer of frosting underneath we had no real complaints! The cakes were awesome and I couldn't have been happier with how they turned out. And it's free to have your sister make them....even better!


Collin had a great day and got lots of great toys. He was pleased and so was I! You can't beat that!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I know that COLLIN had a ball! And as usual, Kimi's cake takes the ummmm cake! I'm so sad that I missed it but that's what happens when Life happens!Great idea and darling job on the invites Heidi! Boy, do I have talented kids or what?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here thinkng this is a great way to entertain 6 years and laughing at the fact you got them to sit in boxes all night! :) That just made my day. It was a really cool idea, I'll have to remember it for when I have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the invites! (Even if my fonts weren't right). Yay!

    And the boxes are awesome, that was brilliant (and totally your idea! Good job!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! MARLENE!!! Your daughters ARE so talented and clever...and Kim- there you go again! Best Cakes ever! When are you going to 'get it' and get into business??? Clever idea with the boxes. As the mother of 4 boys..BOXES are better then anything! Thanks Katie- for FINALLY updating this blog ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a birthday party. I love it.

    ReplyDelete