Friday, August 6, 2010

Hawaii

Well, since it's been sooooooo long since I've blogged I thought I'd jump in wherever I felt like it ! After all, there is lots to catch up on and maybe just jumping in with both feet will get me motivated. So without further ado here is a little post on our recent (sort of) trip to Hawaii.

This was the first time for all of us. And while it isn't my personal favorite vacation we've taken, we did get some good pictures!

We were on Kauai for a week with a bunch of Terry's family as part of his brother CJ's wedding. So here are some pictures (which, after all, is the important part :) )

One of the first things we did was head up to Waimea Canyon. It's basically the "Grand Canyon" of Hawaii. And they really aren't kidding. Crazy.


I have several other scenery pictures, but I won't bore you with them :)


My boys. Yes, they are quite strange now that you mention it. I have no idea what they are doing in this picture...



Me with two of my boys!



We went to a luau but we were clear in the back, I suck at taking pictures and it was rather dark. So here is a picture of Collin with one of the dancers. That's as good as it gets this time folks!





Here is a great picture of my father-in-law, Ray. He never wears shorts. Ever. Seriously it has probably been since he was in high school......if then. And sandals? I believe this is the first pair of sandals he has ever worn. Ever. Period. These are the two shots I got of him. The first one he is warning me not to take the picture and the second one is him trying to spray me with the hose. I got the hint and took the camera inside, but I didn't delete the pictures! HA!







At the Hyatt they had parrots. This was a demonstration where you listen to a short presentation about parrots then you get to hold the birds. Collin loved it, Liam not so much.



These are some dolphins that Terry and Collin got to see when they went on a dinner cruise. That's pretty much all I know so there are no other pictures from the cruise. Let's just say that Liam and I weren't invited, so we got to spend a....well, let's just say "an evening in the hotel" instead. Not exactly the high point of the trip...









The wedding was held on the private beach of a botanical garden on Kauai. It was a beautiful place. They had a great kids garden, which is all we saw, other than the beach. Lots of fun things to play on and in. Including a "wading" pool, which is of course why Collin is soaking wet from head to toe in the picture on the swing. Collin was also the ring bearer during the ceremony. He looks angry in this picture because the flower girl wasn't throwing the petals. He was trying to make her do it. Unfortunately for him, she has two older brothers and didn't think his "help" was necessary. :)








One of the best things we did was hang out at the beach just us and the kids. We went snorkeling but Liam promptly got sunscreen in his eyes, then minutes later got taken out by a wave. That was pretty much all the "fun" he wanted so he went to sleep instead. Even when he was awake we had to stay far away from the water if we had him because he was scared of it :)

Collin loved playing in the sand though and was only mildly annoyed with the tide ruining part of his creation.


This is a rooster. They are all over the island. Ferrel. So funny. I thought stray dogs and cats were irritating!




On the last day we were there we went on a train tour of one of the plantations. It was lots of fun and the boys loved it. This is a picture of Liam watching the pigs we stopped to feed. Apparently they are also a problem on the island and they are open season year round.





And here are a couple shots of the ocean from the hotel grounds. Pretty amazing!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!Yay!Yay!!!!!

    Great post. I love all the pics! And I love that the dumb flower girl wouldn't listen to Collin who knows everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures, this is my favorite island, I visit almost every year, I'm lucky I have a dear friend who lives on the island so always have and open invitation. I want to see wedding pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love that the flower girl wouldn't be pushed around! Poor Collin - better learn now - cuz I'm betting Della won't be pushed either, if she is anything like her great-grandma and her momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! You are so cute prego!
    Oh... and thanks for finally giving me some reading material :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so fun. The scenery pics are amazing, especially the one with the rainbow over the ocean. And Collin is so handsome. But I have to say, the ones of Dad in his shorts and sandals are the best of them all. I wish more than ever that I would have been there, I would have been taking pictures at the other end so we could have gotten more. He can't spray us both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, happy b-day to Liam!!

    ReplyDelete