Sunday, July 26, 2009

Liam's Nursery! (Finally!)

Yes. I only have 9 days left before my due date. And yes, I just today finished getting the nursery in order! He is, after all, the second born.

So what started out as an office, then a play room and for the last several months the "baby room" has officially been transformed into a place suitable for little Liam to call his own.

We started our adventure letting Collin pick out what bedding he liked from Babies R' Us. He, of course, picked my second choice, but I figured it wasn't going to kill me. Then we let Aunt Heidi pick out our colors and tell us where to put them. After that it was up to Mommy, Collin, Grammy and Poppa to put up the paint and the border. When that was finished Mommy and Daddy shampooed carpets and put all the furniture together just in time for Aunt Kimi to come help sort through boxes and boxes.....and let's face it....boxes of baby clothes and gear that have been sitting in the attic since Collin stopped using them.

So one week after all the sorting began, load after load of laundry was done and one minor melt down by Mommy over where the sheet that matches the bedroom could possibly be (in the crib....where else?) we finally have a functioning nursery. Now if only we had a baby to put in it.....

Collin helping paint!


Grammy and Poppa putting up the border.


Terry building furniture (in the living room so he didn't miss the Cubs game)

Me with my belly at 38 1/2 weeks in the finally finished nursery!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Pics!!! I LOVE that nursery, it looks awsome. Great job on following directions, and I love the furniture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder why the lower paint looks so much brighter than it is? Oh well, I love it anyway! And what a flattering pic of me - thanks a bunch! I'm sure I can find a good one of you somewhere........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom...I do have a better one...want me to post it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A better one of me? I doubt it! An icky one of You? Sure, go ahead and post it! :o)

    ReplyDelete