Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kindergarten update!

Every Thursday Collin brings home his "homework". He has to finish it and turn it back in by Wednesday. He is already not too excited about it. When Terry and I talked to his teacher she said it wasn't that important (though we still make him do it) and that probably it is too easy for him. Here are some examples of what he works on:



And here he is working on some!




Collin also has chosen to participate in after school activities. He does sports on Tuesdays with the P.E. teacher Mr. B. They spend an hour working on learning different sports and games.

On Wednesday Collin rides the bus to a local bowling alley. He gets a snack and a drink then they learn to bowl. He stays all afternoon and is having a great time!

On Thursday Collin learns how to play chess with Mr. T. He also has chess once a week as part of his classes. All the grades in the school spend an hour a week learning how to play. He is doing great and loves to play. It is really amazing to me as chess has always seemed rather confusing! Here are some pictures of Collin and Terry playing chess right now while I type this blog!


1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should play chess with Collin before he can beat me. He SAYS he can teach me..... I don't know.......
    Good job on the homework Collin. I know it's not alot of fun but it helps you learn faster when you do it!

    ReplyDelete