Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

This years Halloween celebration started off last Sunday with a trip to the Buckalew Farms Pumpkin Festival. We got to look at booths, climb on straw, visit a petting zoo and catapult pumpkins before taking a wagon to the field to find our own treasures!


Terry, Liam and Collin




Collin petting a chick.



It was a good one, but it took some work!



Collin picked one out for Liam, but Liam was hungry so he didn't care.


Then on Halloween morning Collin and Mommy spent some time creating masterpiece jack-o-lanterns. Collin picked out the pattern for him and one for Liam. He then helped me clean them out (which he wasn't entirely fond of) and got the patterns transferred onto the pumpkins. Then I did the carving with a knife. We think they turned out really well!


This is where Liam watched from.



This was Collin's invention. It's a pump to get all the pumpkin juice. This is what he did while I did the carving. Then he was surprised and mad that I wouldn't let him leave it in my kitchen!




Collin's scary face!




A puppy for Liam, so he didn't get scared!




My bats.



Grammy's "Boo"


For trick or treating and dinner we went over to Grammy and Poppa's house. We had some fun walking around the neighborhood then we went home to eat some yummy potato soup and home made bread. After that we broke into the candy! Liam didn't really think the trick or treating was that exciting and decided to sleep through it and Collin couldn't keep his costume on so he just took it off. But other than that we all had a great time! Hope everyone else had a safe and fun Halloween!



Our family with our lobster and our little ghetto ghost. Collin made his costume with some help from Grammy. Too funny!




Collin and Grammy.




After he got sick of it, but before he took it all the way off.




Mommy carrying the sleeping lobster.


Finally back home!

3 comments:

  1. Those are such cute pics!! Looks like you all have been having so much fun. I love the ghost, he looks scarier than any sheet ghost I've ever seen. And that little Liam looks like a plump, juicy lobster. Collin is a very creative little guy. By the way, love the pumpkins, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Katie! Thanks! I'll try to get something up today.....if my head feels better. Love you all! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins look awesome! You are one nice mommy. We carved nothing.

    Collin looks great! I think he looks like a very scary ghost!

    And my little Lobster. Oh how I wish I could have carried him around sleeping. What a cutie! I can't wait to snuggle that little chunkers.

    We sure missed tot'ing with you guys this year!

    ReplyDelete