Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Motivation, Round 2

Here it is! I did it. I did it Monday night...but I did do it. And I don't remember saying anywhere in last weeks post that I would do it on a specific day. Only that I'd be able to post an update tonight. So here it is!

Just a quick reminder of what I started with last week:



And now the final result:


Terry's top drawer....


....middle drawer... (yeah, all his pants are in the washer, doing this made me realize I really needed to do some laundry!)....


....and bottom drawer.



My top drawer....


....middle drawer....


....and bottom drawer.

Not too shabby if you ask me! And I have a pile of stuff for goodwill that I drug out of those drawers. The cat is even happy that her bed is back, though being a cat she of course refused to cooperate and lay in the bed while I took pictures. I'm sure she's in there now though!

So on to this week. I wanted to have my bookcase be my next project but once my husband found out about this he's been "suggesting" I do the laundry room next. What really makes him mad is the stuff I pile on the dryer. I can't help it. It's genetic. It really is. You should see my parents dryer, or my sisters. They all look the same. It's right by the door in from the garage. So where else would I put all the junk in my hands when I walk in the door? And I need a free hand so I can enter the code to turn off my alarm.

I'd better start earlier this week though because I think I'm going to get some baskets and boxes to put up on the shelves. I've been meaning to do it for a long time and I just never had. I figure that now is as good a time as any.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - Tia is probably AFRAID to get up there! She doesn't recognize it! Very nice job! Wanna come do MY project? I'll try to get a pic tonight and do it - I've just not felt up to doing much right now......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I already commented, but that was on the phone I guess! :) Looks great. Can't wait to see the laundry room!

    I blogged for you. And you still have a ten for tuesday to do! Hurry! Tuesday is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! That is so funny, I have a Santa hat on my dryer right now too!!!! What is wrong with using the dryer for a shelf, it would all be on the floor if we didn't. What's worse?
    You all have some fun drawers, but they are all nice and clean. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom good job on getting your blog up! :)

    Heidi- It is 8pm here and I just finished my Ten for Tuesday. I finished with plenty of time!

    Amber- I agree! It's better than the floor. I think it's great that you also have a santa hat on the dryer! Mine is waiting to go out to the attic with the rest of the Christmas stuff that is stacked in my garage right now!

    ReplyDelete