Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ten for Tuesday

I've been getting in lots of trouble on various fronts about my blog. Let me just say right now that I know. I suck. The blog sucks. I never post any updates and no one knows what my kids look like or what is going on in my life. I know.

So in an effort to get me to update my blog once in a while, my sister Heidi, who has been exiled to Chicago for a year (and therefore really doesn't get to see my kids much or know what's going on in my life) decided to start challenging me to do different posts just to get me going again.

Her challenge today? My "Ten for Tuesday". She got this idea somewhere (who knows where.... other than her) and decided it would be fun. And it is. Hers was really fun to read so I'm going to try to be even mildly close to how entertaining hers was. So here we go.

This Tuesday I'll just do my top ten random things. Things I like in no particular order of importance. Just whatever comes to my head first.

1) Target. I just love shopping there. I love that the aisles are clear and that things are nice on the shelves. They even put prices on their stock so you aren't constantly looking. There are no pallets in the aisles like at Walmart. There isn't 100 million items on "clearance" every time you turn around like at K-Mart. There are people who work there and you can find them. You don't even have to wait very long to check out when you do decide you have to go home. Oh, and they have popcorn and drinks. Mt. Dew even. Why would you go somewhere else?


2) Archaeology. What is so cool about archaeology? I don't have time to tell you everything. But what better way to spend a day than crawling around in the dirt looking for garbage? It's amazing and it's fun. I love to think about the people who used the the items I find. I love that archaeology can tell a story like no other method. Some of my favorites? Southwest archaeology will always be at the center of my heart. How amazing did you have to be to be able to find a way to live and to live well even in the middle of this desert without air-conditioning? Some might say they were crazy, but I say it beats the hell out of huddling up with your kids in an igloo for 6 months out of the year! Another favorite is historical archaeology. It is so funny how wrong the historical records can be. Dig up the truth some time (oh yes I did!) by checking out the archaeology of Monticello or Battle of the Little Big Horn. You'll be amazed.


3. My Keurig. I love this thing. Terry bought it for me as a random gift just because I had been asking for one. I don't drink coffee but it is so much fun and provides me with lots of entertainment. I like to take it to family functions. And it hangs out at my office. It's so much fun. And the hot chocolate isn't bad either!
4. War and Peace. I've been reading this book for months. Literally since September. Normally I read books very quickly but I mostly just read at night for a few minutes before I go to bed. Natasha is my favorite character. She is so fun and bubbly and I like how she recovers from bad things. She may take it hard but she comes back fighting. Prince Andrew is also a favorite. Pierre is ok, but to be honest he seems a little whiny to me. He started out alright, but I think the money broke him. I'm very attached to these characters though and now that I'm 90% done with the book (I know that for sure because I'm reading it on my Kindle) I'm starting to feel a little sad that my time with them is coming to an end. I'm really going to miss them.


5. Gilligan & O'Malley pajamas. I can't even describe the fabric they use but I love it. It is super stretchy and soft. If you don't have any go to Target and get some today. You won't regret it.
(I don't have a picture of this one, just use your imagination)

6. Tank tops. I love to wear tank tops and I'm always itching to wear them by the end of winter. Here in Arizona we are nearing the end of winter and I'm starting to get to excited. I hate long sleeves on my shirts because all that fabric bunches up at my elbows when I bend my arms. That bothers me more than I like to admit. I also hate having things around my wrist which is why I don't wear bracelets or watches.


7. Las Vegas. Vegas is probably my favorite place to go. I wish I could go there more often, even if just for a couple days. I rarely gamble but there is always something to do. Always. Any time of day. I love all the restaurants, the shows, the exhibits, and the people watching. Every time we go there we try to see something different. We've had a lot of fun with and without kids and by ourselves or with other people. If you've never been there it's worth the trip. Be sure to stay on the strip though. I like the intersection at Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd best.


8. Sci-Fi. I know it's nerdy but it's true. I love Star Trek (Voyager was my favorite) and I love Stargate. SG-1 and Atlantis both were great and I'm looking forward to watching Universe. I also want to watch Battlestar Galactica and Firefly but haven't had time yet. I can't even explain why I like sci-fi, I hate fantasy which is similar. I find it easier to not try explaining myself.



9. My husbands milkshakes. Everyone who has had one loves them. He's just really good at it. And the best part is that he'll make them for me almost as often as I want. He doesn't even act like it's that much harder to do than just scooping it into a bowl. What a great guy, huh?


10. Skeletons. But real ones, not plastic ones or scary Halloween ones. People are best but animals are ok too. Though with animals I just want you to tell me what it is. I hate trying to figure out if it's a rabbit or a gopher. I don't care that much. Human bones are incredibly interesting if you know what you are looking for or have someone close by to tell you interesting facts. It's truly amazing what you can tell from someone (or some things) bones. I can't even pick a favorite time period that I like best. I don't think it would matter really. As long as they are dry then I'm happy. The picture is "Lucy", because everybody loves Lucy! (You know I had to say it!)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This was funny. You are so weird. Except about Target. That isn't weird, it is just true and I almost put it in my top ten, but then I started thinking about my hat and forgot.

    And Sci-fi is the best!

    ReplyDelete