Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Motivator

I needed more reasons to blog. And since Heidi gave us the "Ten for Tuesday" to do last week I decided to try my own hand at alliteration and came up with "Monday Motivator". I have all these cleaning projects that I'm always "going to do soon". You know, this weekend or Thursday night. But it always seems like this weekend and Thursday night never come. Or they come and go so quickly that I hardly register their passing.

The point is that I have an embarrassing amount of mess in my house. And it's all disorganized and chaotic. It's a "HOT MESS" if you know anything about "Clean House". This is my plan to get it under control. Each Monday I will post pictures of some horrific area of my house that is screaming for help. Then I'll give myself until the next Monday to get it under control. I'll post the after pictures from the prior week and the new pictures of my next "Monday Motivator".

This week I've decided to start in my bedroom. I would like my bedroom to be a relaxing and welcoming place. Where I can go and escape my kids and my job and my husband (or with my husband!). Right now I only go there to sleep. Otherwise I just sit there and feel guilty for all things I should be doing. But my room is a big job. And I work 40 hours a week and have two kids. So I'm going to start with just one part of it. My dresser. This will make me feel happy AND my cat, since she likes to sleep there but is currently unable to find her bed.

The top of the dresser. Where the cat bed should be.


My three drawers. Eek.



Terry's three drawers.

Tune in next Monday to see if I managed to pull it off!

4 comments:

  1. woooohooo Go Katie!! Can't wait to see the cleanup stage! I can totally comiserate! See you next Monday! Now don't you wish you hadn't posted? haha. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! Good one. I'm not doing too bad in this house, but I also don't have much here. I will start in my office. It is out of control. And I will just post it today a little late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Katie! Can I post pics of daddy's shop area that has exploded onto the back porch?!?!?! Poor Tia! Bet she hopes you do the TOP first! - I actually see folded clothes in the drawers so you aren't doing SO badly! Maybe I should post a pic of my pantry? That's an "open at your own risk" type place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No mom, you should do it though! And the Ten for Tuesday too. You need to blog more. But you should start with your own things :) I don't think dad would like you volunteering him!

    Chris I'll be counting on you to keep me in check ;)

    ReplyDelete